At Bradwell Maintenace we have a qualified team of engineers and a dedicated in-house department who can produce and manage all types of residential certificates for you.

These include Energy Performance Certificates (EPC), Gas Safety Records (GSR/CP12) and Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR). We can also produce Legionella and Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) certificates. Please contact us for any certificates you require. We produce thousands of certificates each year for our clients and are highly experienced and capable to produce them.

The purpose of a Residential EPC is to provide information on a property’s energy use and typical energy costs and to make recommendations about how to reduce energy usage and increase efficiency.

From the 1st October 2008, it has been a legal requirement for landlords to supply a EPC for rental properties. In addition from the 1st April 2020, landlords must not grant a new tenancy (including the renewal of an existing contract), or continue to let a property where the EPC rating is below the minimum permitted energy efficiency level of a band E (band F & G no longer permitted for rental property).

We can also undertake Commercial EPCs.

From 1st July, 2020 all new property tenancies must have an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR). Any landlord that does not have a valid EICR report faces a fine of up to £30,000.

The reports last for five years. An EICR must also be provided for every tenancy change of more than more than 6 months within the 5 year period.

In addition from 1st April, 2021 all currently rented property must have an EICR. A copy of the EICR must be provided to both new and retained tenants.

A landlord must provide a Gas Safety Record every year for all rental properties which have any gas appliances such as boiler, gas fire or a gas cooker.

A copy of the  GSR is to be given to the tenant, letting agent and landlord.